As you can appreciate, with the large number of athletes and parents involved in conducting each competition night, it is most important that everyone follows the following safety advice:
- Keep small children away from competition areas, particularly the long jump and shot put arenas adjacent to the viewing area near the equipment shed.
- All competitors must wait BEHIND an athlete who is throwing the discus, shot put or javelin.
- Competitors entering or leaving the oval must not cross a running track whilst a race is in progress.
- The most common form of injury involves spikes; to minimise the risk, spikes must be removed immediately an event concludes and must not be put back on until the next event is about to commence.
- No dogs are allowed on the oval.
- No ball playing on the oval or in proximity to children competing.